World No Tobacco Day 2020 awards – the winners
Every year, the World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes individuals or organizations in each of the six WHO Regions for their accomplishments in the area of tobacco control. This recognition takes the form of WHO Director-General Special Recognition Award and World No Tobacco Day Awards.
The InterAmerican Heart Foundation is proud to present the World No Tobacco Day Award recipients for the Region of the Americas:
Three Bolivian institutions (shared award):
- Asamblea Legislativa Plurinacional de Bolivia (National Assembly of Bolivia)
- Ministerio de Salud del Estado Plurinacional de Bolivia (Bolivia Ministry of Health)
- Alianza Bolivia Libre Sin Tabaco (Alliance for a Bolivia Free of Tobacco)
- Ministerio del Poder Popular para la Salud de la República Bolivariana de Venezuela (Ministry of Health of Venezuela)
Three Mexican institutions (shared award):
- Secretaría de Salud de México (Mexico Ministry of Health)
- Secretaría de Hacienda y Crédito Público de México (Mexico Ministry of Finance and Public Credit)
- Secretaría de Economía de México (Mexico Ministry of Economy)
A list of all award winners can be found on the WHO Award Winners website.